If the landlord of yours is asking you to make a home rental agreement or you are about to do it for the first time and have no idea how to do it. Then we are here to help you out. We will tell you everything you need to know about house rental lease agreements.
What is a House Rental Agreement?
A house rental agreement, like a room rental agreement, can be defined as a legal contract that is used by the homeowners or the landlords. It is a legal binding contract between the owner and the person who will rent it.
We can also say that it outlines the details of the legal agreement between the landlord and the tenant including the rights and responsibilities that each of them needs to carry.
The house rental contract holds the details of the requirements for the tenants who will be renting on the landlord's property.
A house rental agreement template is needed when the property is rented out for a vacation house or a forever home. It contains the necessary information like the contacts, property rules, signature and others.
Other information like security deposits and fees, maintenance and repairs, rents, restrictions and other points can be included too. It will also ensure a good relationship between the two parties and avoid unnecessary conflicts of any kind.
In India, the house lease agreement is mostly preferred by the landlords for 11 months.
Who Needs a Home Rental Agreement?
A rental agreement helps in protecting the landlord as well as the tenant by setting the terms of the relationship between the two parties in the form of writing.
A house rental agreement template is needed whenever a house is ready to be given out for rent. Furthermore, it reduces the risk of disputes of any type. If you are confused and could not understand whether you need a house rental agreement or not then we are here to help you out.
If you relate to the following cases given below then you will need this house lease agreement prepared.
Owning a house
If you have a home of your own and wish to rent it out on a short term basis or a long term basis.
From oral to written form
In case if you are a renter and have reached an oral agreement of renting a home but now you look forward to doing it in a written form then you would need this home rental agreement for yourself.
The employee of an enterprise
You are an employee of a property management enterprise or if you are the one who is responsible for the managing of the properties for your friend or a family member and want the rental agreement to be done in a written form then you may need a house agreement rental template.
You can also download a lease agreement PDF template from CocoDoc and create a proper agreement using the PDF editing tool to avoid any types of conflict in the future.
What Should Be Included in a House Rental Agreement Template?
Now that you know almost everything about the house rental agreement, let us introduce you to the latest and the most important part. Here are the most essential things that should be included in the sample house rent agreement.
- The name and the contact of the tenant and the landlord.
- The address of the house is to be rented.
- The monthly rent that has been agreed upon to be paid to the owner.
- How does the rent need to be paid and the date of payment?
- Whether the security deposit is needed to be paid.
- The beginning and end date of the rental period.
- Who will be responsible to fix the damage?
- The restrictions made for the tenants on illegal actions.
- Who will be living in the house?
- If pets are allowed or not.
- If the tenant can make changes as per their wish to the property?
- If the tenant can sublease the property or not.
- How will the tenant be declared as a defaulter under the terms of the rental agreement?
- The steps to be taken if any dispute or problem arises.
- The utilities that are available at the premises.
- Renewal of the tenancy.
- If the tenant can use the parking space or not.
- The rights and the limits of the tenant.
- Circumstances when the landlord can enter the premises.
- The rules for the termination of the agreement.
One can simply download the house rental agreement template from CocoDoc. The templates it provides include all these necessary points that will make the agreement strong and valid. It will be easier than making a document yourself.
If you wish to rent your house then we hope that now you know what a house rental agreement is all about. It is recommended to hire a lawyer when going through these legal works as they will help in avoiding future problems and making the current legal work valid and accurate.
They have all the knowledge as they already have experience in preparing the lease agreements for houses. It is also advised to keep multiple numbers of copies of the documents for safety and a digital copy of the agreement too.